Sunday, November 18, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 18

Today I am thankful for my car.  Yes, it might sound a bit trite but I love that I can get in my car and run errands here and there.  I love my little car because I can zip in and out of parking lots easily.  It is easy to drive and gets great gas mileage.  In fact I haven't filled it up in two weeks and I still have 1/4 tank.   I love our big car, our Suburban.  It may be 13 years old but it is solid and holds all of us and our stuff.  I can go to the grocery store or Costco and fill the back up with groceries.  I love taking it on trips and I love that we can pack so much in it.

I do reminisce about what life would be like if we were still using horse and buggy.  I so enjoyed a few years ago when we were in Pennsylvania in "Amish Country" watching the Amish and Mennonite families travel up and down the road in their buggies.  It was a slower pace of life.  It was less cluttered.  I wonder what life would be like if we were to all live like them.

But today, I am in love with my car and I am so thankful that Henry Ford invented a way to build a car that would make it affordable for most all of us to own. (BTW, I don't own a Ford.)

No comments:

Post a Comment