Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Catch up days

I have missed quite a few days and I am sorry for my loyal readers.  Okay, here we go...

Day 22 - This was my anniversary.  I am so thankful that my husband is still loving and loyal.  I love him more today than ever before and my love for him grows deeper each year we are together.  He is my best friend and most trustworthy companion.

Day 23 - I was thankful that I didn't have to go out in the Black Friday shopping.  Spending time with my family is better than any deal or fighting any crowd.

Day 24 - Leftovers.  Yes I am thankful for leftovers.  I think they are much better the second time around.  The flavors have time to meld together and it is so yummy.

Day 25 - I am thankful that we don't have to travel in all the traffic that is returning home today.  This is truly a blessing to be able to relax and not have to worry about being at work on Monday morning.  Ahhh.....

Day 26 - I am thankful for GPS.  Yes today was a travel day for us and I was so glad that we had GPS.  We decided to travel a less popular route and one I hadn't traveled in some time.  It was a pleasant enough drive but there have been changes and I was glad we had GPS to help us out.

Day 27 - I am thankful for routine.  Coming home from a long trip a routine is nice to have.  The kids settled back into our school day routine and I was thankful that there were no complaints.  While I love traveling and being at the beach, I do love setting back into our routine at home.  (and sleeping in my own bed is nice too)

Day 28 - This is a big one!!!  Today I am thankful for the awesome way my kids get along.  They finished up their lessons this morning and the big one and the small one (just shy of 3 years difference in age though) decided to clean up the little one's room.  They worked on it all afternoon and made huge gains.  The room is really clean and they even did a bit of rearranging of furniture.  It looks fantastic and the little one is so happy with the results.  There was no arguing or fighting and this was a project they took on themselves without me having to ask.  Truly a blessing, and I am so thankful. (Plus I don't have to get in there and do it {wink wink})

Okay, now that I am all caught up.  I will continue for the next two days on schedule.  Our trip was very nice and I will post a few pictures and some "mom tips" on how we made it all happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment