Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 14 Music

Today I am thankful for music.  All kinds.  Music can be so relaxing, take your mind off worries, make you happy, and make you sad.  Today we are listening to some classical music while we work on our lessons.  It is happy and pretty.  I love how it ebbs and flows.  Builds and falls.

I love that I can pop in a CD and play what I want now.  Back "in the day" when I was a kid, I remember getting my first stereo system.  It was a surprise at Christmas and I was so excited to get it.  It had a record player, a cassette player and an 8-track player on it, two big speakers and an AM and FM radio.  I thought I had hit the big time!  With it I got Olivia Newton-John's "Get Physical" 8-track and I played the mess out of it.  I used to request songs on the radio and wait to hear them and rush to tape them on my cassette player so I could play them over and over again.  How funny thinking about it now as we just look up whatever song we want on You Tube or on iTunes and download it immediately.

I like all kinds of music except the really heavy metal stuff, screaming stuff and the hard core gangster rap music.  I love classical music, pop, rock, country, and of course most everything that came out of the 1980's.

I hope that you are able to enjoy a bit of music today.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment