Last month I reorganized my purse. I carry a bunch of junk in there and I wanted to lighten my load so to speak. With preparedness in mind, I got rid of a bunch of stuff (mainly kids toys and such) and kept the important stuff. I carry my purse pretty much everywhere I go so having it stocked with the right stuff seems to make sense to me. Since we are in the height of summer I didn't include an extra pair of mittens or gloves as I would normally have in the winter. I will add and subtract items as the seasons require. Where I live we have all four seasons.
Here is what I have currently in my purse:
1. my wallet with emergency info.
2. cell phone with emergency info stored on it.
3. a mini first aid kit (neosporin spray, couple different sized bandaids, chapstick, travel size tube of hand lotion, alcohol pad)
4. Keys with a mini LED red light.
5. Small LED flashlight
6. couple different hair rubberbands
7. two packs of fruit chews (like gummy bears).
I used to have adult Tums and children's Tylenol chewable tabs. My daughter tends to get headaches a lot and I carry them for her. However, I have run out of both of these items and need to replace them.
I also carry my daily medications in my purse. We were traveling a lot last month and they have just stayed in my purse since then. I think it is a good idea to at least keep a few pills in there just in case I don't get home for some reason, but I don't think I need to keep the whole prescription in there.
Items I want to add to my purse:
2. multi-purpose collapsable utility knife set (if anything a swiss army knife)
3. adult tylenol
4. fingernail clippers (I find I need these often and don't have them with me)
Can you think of anything else I need or should have?
Here are some other links I have found: