Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An Introduction

Hi, I hope that you happened on my blog because you are someone who is interested in being prepared. Prepared, no matter what.  Prepared for - well, most anything.

A bit about me.  Unfortunately, I am not going to tell you who I am or where I live because I want to keep this blog anonymous.  I have read and been told that once you begin to start preparedness you won't want anyone else to know who you are.  It helps protect you and your family.  I am a mom.  I work outside the house.  I am married and my kids are school-aged.

Several years ago I began to hear things in the news and I felt nervous about the state America is in.  Not only with our economy but also with our safety.  I began talking with my husband about it and he had similar feelings. We began to talk about emergency plans.  This led me to doing more research on the internet and led me to beginning our preparedness "training".  We have always wanted to be more self sufficient and prepared.  We didn't call it "preparedness training" though.  We didn't have those words.  Not yet.  About this time I also had a strange conversation with a friend who told me that Mormon's keep a year's supply of food in their homes "just in case...", she said.  I was very curious about this and did some more research.  I was also able to get my hands on a chart and list and eventually a food storage binder that helped to explain how they go about gathering their food storage.

Then I stopped.  Then I started back up.  Then I stopped again.  Last spring I started up again researching and gathering more information.

I now am at a point where I want to begin documenting my quest toward preparedness.  This blog will be more for me to keep the information that I gather together in one place as well as for others who want to read what it is like to accomplish this task.  Perhaps we can do this together.  Feel free to comment and make suggestions.  I know I need all the help I can get.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment