Monday, July 23, 2007

Corn Salad

I have decided to begin a second blog. I have had many people comment on my cooking. Yes, people other than my husband who raves about it often! So here on this blog I will post new recipes, tried and true recipes, and those that I have concocted myself.

I enjoy cooking, baking, and canning. We have a rather large garden where we grow lots of vegetables which I can or freeze for later.

I had added a Google Ads bar just in case you want to check out other places of interest pertaining to my entries. Click on any link.

So here is my first recipe. It is not an original and honestly, I haven't made it yet. My mother made it Saturday night as a side dish for dinner. We went to her house for dinner and my step-sister and her family were visiting too. There were 12 of us for dinner which included 6 children all under the age of 12. Most of the kids ate this and loved it also. We had tacos, fajitas, Mexican rice, corn bread, and this corn salad.

Here is the corn salad that I was talking about. It is soooo easy and super yummy!! Serve it cold!

Ingredients:

8 ears fresh corn (mom used left over corn on the cob)
1 tomato, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing

Directions:

Husk the corn and slice the kernels from the cob. In a large bowl, mix together the corn, tomato, zucchini, cucumber, onion and red bell pepper. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. If it tastes too "salad dressing-y" add a couple teaspoons of sugar to cut the acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment