Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Maple Syrup Recipe

I found another maple syrup recipe and this one sounds really good.  It adds a few more ingredients than the last one I posted.  I am going to try both and test them out on my kids this weekend.

Here is the newest one:  It comes from Safely Gathered In Blog

Homemade Syrup

2 cups water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp maple flavoring
1 tsp vanilla flavoring


Boil water in a saucepan. Add sugars and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in flavorings.  Serve!  Store in the refrigerator.

I am wondering if the brown sugar and the vanilla flavoring with add more depth to the flavor.  What do you think?

I would also like to give a shout out to my first follower!!!  Woo hoo.  Thanks for taking the plunge with me.  I hope that you will start commenting and we can begin a conversation about some of these topics I am thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment