Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cute Crochet Coasters

These are so cute and fun to make.  They whip up in no time flat.  I can make one in about 35-45 minutes time and I am a slow crocheter.


I got the pattern off someone else's blog.  I can't seem to find it again unfortunately.

I am an intuitive crocheter when it comes to making things I look at a bunch of patterns and then put a couple together to make what I am looking to create.


My pattern may not be exact nor might it be exactly what you are looking for.  I will try to explain it as best I can though.


Coaster Pattern:
1 skein of 100% cotton base color (you will be able to make several coasters with just one skein)
1 skein of edging color (100% cotton)

Chain 14.
Single crochet in 2nd loop and each loop after.  (13 SC) ch 2 and turn.
Next row: SC in first SC. *Skip next sc, dc and sc in next sc* to end.
Next row: sc in first sc. skip dc, dc and sc in next sc. You will be doing a dc and sc in every sc in previous row. 

Continue until it looks like a square, about 10 or 11 rows. 
Change colors and sc all the way around the square, with three sc's in each corner. Then slip stitch around the entire thing again to finish it off.

And there you have it.




No comments:

Post a Comment