Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A Beka Consumer Math

Consumer Math Workbook
This year we are using A Beka Consumer Math with my high school seniors.  They have gotten through Algebra II and wanted something more practical this year. (and easier LOL)

I chose this book because our cousin uses it in her school.  We had never used A Beka products before now.  I know A Beka has their own course schedule and lesson plans and honestly I never looked at them.  I think they are in the teacher's guide which I have yet to open.  Maybe I should have, however, I went through the book and organized a year long plan along with assignments.  I know I will be using this again with my youngest child when she is ready so I need to put it somewhere where I can access it later and thought my blog is as good a place as any.  So here it is.

I based my year on a 36 week year.  I give them a day break after each test day and a break here and there.  I aimed for 4 days of assignments each week and some weeks there are 5 days.  I didn't assign all the exercise problems, as I know my kids don't need all that practice.  I assigned worksheet pages from the workbook but won't be having them do any of the skills check that is on top of the pages.  They will only do the lesson exercises on the bottom half of the workbook pages. So when I assign a "worksheet" and it is two pages, it refers to the workbook page numbers and they will only be doing the reviewing exercises on the bottom half of each page.

Consumer Math Textbook
I didn't look at the calendar when I planned this year.  When there is a holiday one day then I will push the "free" day to the holiday and plan the rest of the week accordingly.  We will probably take the whole week for Thanksgiving but if we don't then they will do the whole week in three days instead of 5 or skip the worksheet if it is scheduled for that week.

You are welcome to use these assignments or adapt them for your own use.  If you do use them, please just comment "thank you" in the bottom so I know others are using these assignments too.  Let me know if you like, how you like them and if you would like me to post more of my curriculum I use with my kids.

You can buy the textbooks at abeka.com. You really only need the student Text, student workbook, and teacher's edition text, teacher's edition workbook.  That way you have the answers.  You might be able to find them used for sale too.

Here is the link to the Google Doc that has the whole plan.
Abeka Consumer Math Year Plan with Daily Assignments

No comments:

Post a Comment