Sunday, August 19, 2012

We May Have a Buyer/Renter

I hate to even post this because I don't want to jinx myself.  You all know we have wanted to sell our house for a long time.  So I won't go into the background story again.

A month ago we buried a St. Joseph medal in our yard.  He will help us sell our home.  That very same day we ran into an old friend of ours and found out that he and his wife are divorcing.  So sad. (Yes, I am going into the back story, sorry)  He said he was looking for a new home for he and his boys.  He will most likely have custody of them.  We mentioned our home to him and he said he would get back to us.  Three weeks later he called and came over and said he was interested in our house.  He toured through the whole house and I think the house "showed" well.  He liked it and as he was leaving he said he was going on vacation with his boys this past week and he would call us when he got back.  We are now waiting on that phone call.  He also asked how quickly we could move out.  We told him we could move out any time.  He said he wanted to get moved in and settled before his boys start school.  That is in only two weeks now. ACK!!!

So this prepared mom is beginning to panic a bit.  I don't want to pack up any more of our house to prepare for a move that may not happen.  I also don't want to be freaked out and be a freaky woman trying to move in three days time either. So what to do???

I am preparing for the move in my mind right now.  I am planning what I will need to pack and going through it all in my head.  We have a place to move to which will be fine temporarily but we will need no furniture as it is already furnished.  It is our summer home on a river close by.  We come down on weekends and such.  We will commute from the river house until we find something that we will either rent or buy in town.  So the lists begin.  The items we need for every day, extra cooking utensils and such, our school books, clothes, etc.  Not much really.  Everything else will go into storage for the time being.  EVERYTHING!

Visualizing helps me to prepare and plan.  I can walk through my house, pick up items I will want at our river house (the electric hand mixer) and list them on my list.  I can pack the house and visually place it in the storage unit.  I can visualize commuting an hour and half each way to work.  I feel better.  I am not a freaky woman running around throwing things into boxes and yelling at everyone. (well, that isn't unrealistic though)  I am calm, cool, and collected.

************************
I write this today as I sit at our river home looking out the window on a dreary day.  In my tiny oven  I am baking a cake for my daughter's birthday which was last week and we haven't been able to "celebrate" with cake.  I have to bake it in two shifts as the oven is too small to bake both layers at once.  The oven is funny because the back lets things rise better than the front so the cake is completely lopsided. LOL

I suppose the moral to this story is: even though your cake is lopsided and doesn't come out as you expect it to, it is still CAKE!  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment