Saturday, January 28, 2012

I have a neighbor....

whom I have known for a long time is Mormon.  I had a pretty good idea that her family has been storing food and preparing for emergencies.  I hardly ever run into her though and I felt funny just going to her house and knocking on the door and saying, "I am pretty sure you have food storage.  Can you show me yours and I will show you mine?"  There is just no part of it that sounds right to me.  So I just kept this little tidbit of information to myself for a long time, like a couple years now.  Anyway, the other day I ran into her at the bank.  We chatted for a minute and then I told her I had a question to ask her and could I meet her outside the bank and ask.  She said yes and I finished up my business at the bank and I waited for her out in the parking lot.  I felt like a bit of a stalker.  So she comes out and I asked.  Yes, right there and then.  I asked.  I said something like, "I understand that you are Mormon and that the church encourages you to store food.  I also have food storage and I like to prepare for the worst.  Is there a time that I can come over and ask you a few questions I have and can I see where and how you are storing your food, etc?"  Well she got this big eyed look and said "yes".  I was so excited.  Come to find out she teaches emergency preparedness in her church and she does talks for other groups and such.

Last weekend she allowed me to take her information she has on food storage and emergency preparedness and look through it and xerox anything I wanted.  :)  I am in heaven right now.  But I as I have looked through her stuff, I am finding that I was actually doing pretty okay by myself, just blog surfing, and internet surfing.  I am so glad that I was doing the right things and had stumbled on the right websites and blogs.  Many of her information has also come from the same sites and my information.

Over then next few weeks I will share more with you about what I have found.  I hope you will stick around and see what I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment