Friday, February 20, 2009

Trying new things.

I saw this:

on the website today and thought it looked really cute and would be fun to put on a scrapbook page. So when I got home from work I tried it.

I tried it two different ways. The first one with Vanna's Yarn a bulky #5 weight and I used an H hook. It ended up being 5 inches in diameter.

That was way too big. I knew when I started it that it would be too big but wanted to go through the motions of the pattern before trying on a smaller yarn. So then the second was using DMC thread (6 ply). I used a B hook and this pattern took most of a whole skein of thread. It ended up being 2 1/2 inches in diameter. A much more manageable size.

No comments:

Post a Comment