Saturday, June 9, 2012

I am so sorry!

I just left you hanging, didn't I?  I am sorry about that.

Lots have been happening on our little homestead here.

1. We lost our camera.  Do you know what this does to a person who uses it all the time???  I am going crazy. We have had Easter, Memorial Day, two birthdays, Mother's Day and a whole season of baseball and softball that I have missed photo-wise.  I am devastated by this.

2. We have had two birthdays in our family.
3. We have celebrated Easter and Memorial Day.
4. We have celebrated Mother's Day by going camping.
5. We have moved our travel trailer to a seasonal site at a campground that we love. More on that later.
6. We have started our garden and everything is growing.
7. I have put up 9 jars of strawberry jam, frozen 3 lbs of strawberries, and have 3 more lbs to make more jam with. (PS: next is peach jam).
8. We have decided to move, which means we are packing up our home, stuff, and getting the house ready to sell.
9. We have decided to pull the kids out of school at the end of this school year and will home school them for now on.

Yeah, well, I think that is about it.  Over the next few weeks I will be posting of our adventures in prepping with a move, homeschooling and our philosophy as well as how we got here, and more about my garden (with pictures).

I promise.

So for now I will leave you with a quick recipe.  This is for prepping to have a hot meal when you have no time to cook.

Italian Crockpot Chicken.

4-6 frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle of Italian Salad Dressing


Place chicken in crockpot and pour entire salad dressing bottle in crockpot over the chicken.  Cook all day and voila, you have dinner. (4-6 hours on high, 8-10 hours on low) Serve with rice, bread, a can of green beans or other veggie, or a salad.

Use leftovers on top of salad the next day for a chicken salad.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment