Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Website!

I actually have a couple websites for you to check out.

First, http://www.peachycheap.com/, is a great site with an ever-changing stock. This site offers scrapbook supplies on the cheap but the clincher is that it only offers one thing a day and when that item is all gone then it is gone. The prices are great and it changes daily. I have been checking it daily for the last two weeks but just can't bring myself to buy anything yet. I am waiting for those must have items. Right now I have a ton of stuff and I need to work through my items in order to justify spending more.

Second, I have found a great scrapbook store that offers a fun monthly kit. It is http://www.awalkdownmemorylane.net/. I won a monthly kit from them in a blog candy from http://www.sheetload.blogspot.com/ and I have used almost everything I received. In further research I have found that they offer two monthly kits each month so you can choose one or the other. This is great because sometimes we don't necessarily like the kit offered by other clubs for the month but are obligated to buy it because of a subscription. This one you can choose. Then they have great add ons that you can choose from also. The kits are reasonably priced at around $30 and they come with a ton of paper and embellies. You can also buy older kits too. I really like some of the older ones and currently have two in my shopping cart waiting the $60 I need to buy them. (donations are welcome!!)

Third, http://www.scarletlime.com/ has updated their site. Their monthly kits look gorgeous too and I just ordered mine for this month and can't wait to get it. I love that they have three kits to choose from with three different price points. You can get the larger kit for about $30 or a project kit for about $20 or a mini kit for between $12-14. I have started with the project kit from an older collection and a mini kit from this month. I love choice. What I also love about this site is that you can look at all the projects that were created with their kits but the beauty of it is that you can use your own materials and make the same project. I made an acordian album with their directions, using my own paper and I love it. I will post some pictures soon.

Fourth, http://www.lionbrand.com/, has a wonderful selection of crocheted amigurami( sp?). They are little animals that are fun to make and fun to give as gifts. They are baby-friendly and easy enough to complete while watching TV in the evening. It takes me about 2 hours to complete one creature. (okay maybe 2 1/2 hours) I have made the frog, pig, and turtle. I am currently working on the penguin. The ones that call for a black button for the eyes, I use a black knot from black yarn instead to make them more baby and toddler-friendly. I will post a picture soon of these little guys. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment