Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Remember this???  I made some homemade laundry detergent and posted it here.  I have been very pleased with this recipe.  I knew we did a lot of laundry in our house but I expected it to last about 4 months rather than their "6 mo-1 year" estimate.  I used two scoops for each load and was very pleased with the results from the 2 scoops.  Therefore mine only lasted 2 months.

I am off to the store to get some more ingredients to make it again.  I am going to cost average it out today to see how inexpensive each load is.

UPDATE***

I priced it all out and it cost me about $10 for the batch.  Each batch lasted me two months and that comes to $5 a month.  I am not going to price it down further because honestly I don't know how to go from lbs and oz to TBS.  That just seems too hard and I have better things to do with my life that scoop out each TBS from the big jar and count. LOL

I think $5 a month for the amount of laundry I do is quite cheap!  I am sticking with this.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment