Friday, June 27, 2008

Seasons of the year

Fall and Winter seem to be the times of the year where I tend to pick up knitting, crocheting, and yarn projects. Spring and summer are the times I lean towards scrapbooking and paper crafts. I figure it is natural and normal, plus it gives me variety through the year.

But this past week I have picked back up my knitting. I reached for it because I knew I couldn't take my scrapbooking with me to spend the weekend camping but could maybe do a little knitting. So I found myself dusting off the sticks with a quick little project. It is a dishcloth. Nothing big and mostly all knits. It is the traditional pattern K2 YO K to the end for a while and then K1, K2 together, YO, K2 together and K to the end. until you reduce to three and tie off. I love these little guys. They are great for dish cleaning, body cleaning and house cleaning. I use 100% cotton yarn and it makes for easy washing. The only thing I don't like is that the colors tend to fade with use but I suppose that is to be expected.

I will post a picture soon. Don't think that I have given up on scrapbooking. Now that I am on summer break I expect to get this Disney album done in the next week or so (if not shoot me...) and the back to 2004 pictures. Oh, I am so so behind. I envy those girls who say they are all caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment