Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Beach Project



On our way the the beach last weekend, I opened up my project bag to find that I had forgotten the pattern for the sweater I am knitting for Nicholas. So with nothing to do, I searched my bag and came up with some leftover LionBrand Cotton-Ease in off white and blue. I had been meaning to make myself a glasses case for my purse and this was as good a time as any to get that project done. So I used both the off-white and blue, crocheting together with a J hook. I made a big square of single crochets and then folded it and single crocheted both sides together. I left the top open, to slide the glasses in and out and attached a chain loop for a toggle button. I think it turned out quite nifty. On Tuesday I ran into a fabric shop and picked up a toggle button in wood and attached it that night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, like the glasses holder. Love the colors. Really like this new blog. Keep up with the work and keep posting pictures. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete