Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Have you ever...


started a project and then ripped it out? twice?? I just did. I wanted to start a baby blanket for a lady at work. She is in the beginning of her third trimester and she has had complications before in other pregnancies and I wanted to get this done kind of fast. I went out and bought the yarn, Bernat Baby Coordinates Twists in purple, and brought it home thinking it was good for this pattern. Boy was I wrong. It is too thin and too bumpy to see the pattern. So I ripped it out and thought to use the pattern on the inside of the wrapper that came with the yarn. So I began that baby blanket. Yuck. After three evenings working on it and struggling with the pattern it just looks horrible. So I ripped it out again. I wound up the yarn and I am going to take it back.


I am so disappointed because the yarn looked so cute and it felt so nice and soft but I just think it is too thin. Hmmm...maybe I will try to crochet with it. Perhaps that will work better. Maybe two strands at the same time will work.


Oh back to the drawing board...

No comments:

Post a Comment